The Management Centre
and the monument group
Alan Hutson is Senior Partner Consultant of the international network for The Management Centre (=mc). Founded in 1988, The Management Centre is a London based management consultancy firm that works internationally with ethical organizations to transform their performance. Their work covers the gamut of charities, public organizations, international and national non-government organizations, and cultural groups. The Management Centre is an approved NCVO (national council for voluntary organisations) consultancy.
The Management Centre developed a network of colleagues internationally in order for =mc to better provide training and consulting in a geography, culture, or language important to their clients. The Management Centre has worked in 53 countries and helped 75% of the world’s largest non-governmental organizations. All the international representatives working with =mc share approaches and values, allowing for collaborative and seamless support on projects.
The Management Centre’s primary areas of focus in the fundraising realm include:
- Reviewing planned and actual results with a fundraising audit typically over a 3-5 year period.
- Benchmarking performance against competitors or ‘best in class’ organizations.
- Identifying areas for potential growth or at risk of decline using tools such as the Boston Matrix.
- Adapting tools long-used by the private sector, including behavioral economics, to implement subtle changes in fundraising approaches that have profound results.
- Assessing potential for major donor reach and engagement.
- Analyzing positioning with particular focus on creating a Blue Ocean or Red Ocean Strategy.
- Assessing capacity of fundraising staff and areas of improvement.
- Assessing opportunities for market entry, sourcing high payoff income sources and possible funding partners.
- Establishing the investment needed, or a suitable mechanic and possible returns.
For more information about The Management Centre, visit their website.